BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The God of Order

Tonight I went to a refreshing women's night at church and learned not only how to decorate a home, but also how to organize one. I learned a lot of great tips for how to run a home once I have one, but I have to confess that after hearing all of that, it's so overwhelming that it makes me think I might want to live in my parents' home forever! Well, I won't take the easy way out. I'll get married to some sinful man, raise a bunch of sinful children, pray for sanctification on my sinful soul, and run a do my womanly-wifely-motherly full-time job of running a home. ;-)

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace" (I Corinthians 14:33, NIV).

It was very good to hear encouraging words on order and the orderly God that we serve. This verse is in context of talking about the church, but I think that it can also apply to our every day lives. It is evident that God is orderly when we look at his methods for how he does everything. He had an order for creation, order for genealogy, and order for His plan of salvation.
When our lives have order, they run much more smoothly and we are better able to glorify Him.

0 comments: